Please answer one or both questions below in preparation of Week 4 in the Seminar!
1. For those of us who were able to make it to Child Leader Project event at the Arlanza Community Garden, what did you learn? Was there any specific part of the program throughout the day which we can bring back to UCR in upcoming weeks?
2. During Week 3, we also discussed action ideas and changes we would like to see on our campus. Here is the list of ideas mentioned and organization/department who we can collaborate with:
- Healthier Food Choices from HUB (Dining Services)
- Outreach and Advocacy for Community Garden (Letters, Articles, Radio, Press, Art)
- Improving Recycling, Composting, and Waste Reduction (Office of Sustainability)
- Creating more Sustainability Student Internships (ASUCR)
- Hosting Food Education Workshops on campus (the WELL) or at local community center
- Bringing back the Farmers’ Market (Dining Services)
- Hosting Recipe-Sharing + Dinner Nights
- Hosting Film Screening Nights
- Bringing Goodwins on Campus (the WELL)
- Creating a Healthy Food Map for Students
- Improving Bike Lanes on and off Campus
We will be planning our action during Week 4. Does one particular action idea or any other not mentioned here grab your attention? What do you envision for the outcome? How do you see yourself being a part of this action?